My update a few days late… – bullet style
· I came home from the hospital around 6pm on Wednesday – then had to go right back to the emergency room – yep – 45 minutes after I discharged. Had a rash all over my legs – they thought it could have been from the meds – but come to find out, the thought it was a contact rash from my pants. How annoyed I was. Got another IV and everything to find out they thought my pants made my legs breakout. eh
· Lost 3.6 pounds this week…guess that is what 4 days in the hospital with pneumonia will do to a girl. I just hope it stays off.
· Charley’s 1st Halloween went great! (see the below pics) she liked the costume – but not so much the hood after she found out it could come off :) she didn’t last very long that night, too much excitement from all of the kids coming to the door and all. But I am sure next year will be very different.
· I hate being sick. I can’t do anything! I am totally exhausted all the time and it is not fair! I mean I ran 6 miles for the marathon relay 3 weeks ago and now I can’t make a flight of stairs without a rest. And they say it can take 6-8 weeks to feel “back to normal” after having pneumonia. Oh joy.
· My appetite is coming back. Now just to keep it in check so I keep off the weight.
· My husband is the most amazing guy ever. He has taken such good care of Charley and I while I have been sick. And since he had to call out of work 2 days when I was sick – he had to go to work on Saturday and even found someone to watch Charley in the morning while he was at work – so I could rest. I love him so much.
· I am currently at work – got here at 1030 and plan to leave by 330 – don’t think I am going to make it much longer then that. Though work has been amazing too – since I don’t get paid if I am not here (since I am part time) they sent me gift cards to restaurants and the grocery store to help us out – oh and they gave me work to do from home! They are great too.
· All Charley wants to do is go. She is rolling and wiggling and leaning and standing and everything but crawling or walking…I am not sure I am ready for her being ‘mobile’ yet. I have to admit I am kind of scared!
· I made a new soup last night – Taco Soup – It is great! And I was so afraid it was going to turn out like crap since it was SO easy to make and it didn’t! I really like it – it is filling and only 3 points per serving the way I made it! And a serving is almost 2 whole cups! Here is the recipe since someone always asks and I always forget to post it!
- 1lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 packet fat free ranch dip mix
- 1 jar of salsa (any heat level you would like)
- 1 large (28 oz maybe?) can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 – 8 oz cans of tomato sauce (I used the no salt added kind)
- 2 cans of Great Northern Beans RINSED (I only really like this kind of beans – I am sure any kind you use would be great)
- 1 large can of whole corn kernels RINSED
- 1 small can of diced green chilies RINSED
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 jars of water (I used the salsa jar)
- A little cooking spray
Spray the bottom of a big soup pan and add the chopped onion and pepper. Then add the ground turkey and cook until almost done. Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, taco seasoning, ranch mix and stir well. Then I opened and put all of my canned goods (beans, corn, chilies) into a colander and rinsed them, then added them in to the pot. Then I added 3 jars of water to make it more “soup like” – just use your judgment on this one – to get it like your consistency – I liked it thicker (more chili like) – but it is all personal preference and since it is just water it doesn’t make a points difference. Then let it come to a simmer and cook for about an hour (keep an eye on it and stir it every once in a while so it doesn’t burn on the bottom and all of the water doesn’t evaporate away). Mine made 8 big servings…for 3 points each – could make smaller servings if you wanted for less points – I think if I remember correctly on WW recipe builder the total recipe came to 29 points.
I love that it is soup season again – such easy meals to make for a whole week J I think I am going to make Creamy Tomato next week…
Hope all is well. Keep up the great work BLBE’ers!! I will hopefully have more time to come around and visit your sites this week! Thanks again for all of the well wishes!!
Oh and go over to Jeannie’s site to give her a big congrats on being the biggest loser this week with 4 POUNDS!!
55 minutes ago